Neutron is an advanced music player with audiophile-grade platform-independent 32/64-bit audio engine which is being developed for more than 10 years to provide Hi-Fi experience on any platform!
It outputs hi-res audio directly to the internal DAC (including USB DAC) and offers a rich set of DSP effects for altering audio. Neutron is the only application capable of sending audio data to the network renderers (UPnP/DLNA, Chromecast) with all DSP effects applied, including the gapless playback.
It features unique PCM to DSD real-time oversampling mode (if supported by DAC), so you can play your favorite music in DSD resolution.
Neutron has special user interface with advanced functionality and is designed specifically for audiophiles and those who love music!
* 32/64-bit audio processing (HD audio).
* OS and platform independent decoding and audio processing.
* Hi-Res Audio support (up to 32-bit, 768 kHz, external/internal DACs).
* Bit-perfect playback.
* Audio formats: MP2, MP3, OGG/Vorbis, FLAC, OPUS, WMA, WMA Lossless (16-bit), AC3, AAC, M4A, M4B, M4R, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, ALAC, APE, WV, MPC, WAV, AU, AIFF, audio MPG/MPEG/AVI, iTunes/Windows Media (non DRM).
* Native DSD (direct or DoP), DSD.
* Output all to DSD.
* Decoding DSD to PCM.
* DSD formats: DFF, DSF, ISO SACD/DVD.
* Module music formats: MOD, IM, XM, S3M.
* Voice audio format: SPEEX.
* Playlists: CUE, M3U, PLS, ASX, RAM, XSPF, WPL.
* Lyrics (.LRC files, metadata).
* Streaming audio (plays Internet radio streams, Icecast, Shoutcast).
* Supports large media libraries.
* Supports iTunes library (non DRM) and local files (inside /Documents folder).
* Network music sources:
– SMB/CIFS network device (NAS or PC, Samba shares);
– UPnP/DLNA media server;
– SFTP (over SSH) server;
– FTP server;
– WebDAV server.
* Output to Chromecast (up to 24-bit, 192 kHz, no limit for a format or DSP effects).
* Output to UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer (up to 24-bit, 768 kHz, no limit for a format or DSP effects).
* Direct output to USB DAC (via USB OTG adapter, up to 32-bit, 768 kHz).
* 32-bit output (IEEE 754, optional).
* UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer server (gapless, DSP effects).
* Device local music library management via internal FTP server.
* DSP effects:
– Parametric Equalizer (4-60 band, fully configurable: type, frequency, Q, gain);
– Graphic EQ mode with 21 common presets;
– Surround Sound (Ambiophonic R.A.C.E.);
– Crossfeed (better stereo sound perception in headphones);
– Compressor / Limiter (compression of dynamic range);
– Time Delay (loudspeaker time alignment);
– Dithering (minimize quantization);
– Pitch, Tempo (playback speed and pitch correction);
– Phase Inversion (channel polarity change).
* Speaker overload protecting filters: Subsonic, Ultrasonic.
* Normalization by Peak, RMS (Preamp gain calculation after DSP effects).
* Replay Gain from metadata.
* Gapless playback (sample accurate).
* Hardware and Preamp volume controls.
* High quality real-time optional resampling (Quality and Audiophile modes).
* Real-time Spectrum, Waveform, RMS analyzers.
* Balance (L/R).
* Mono mode.
* Playback modes: Shuffle, Loop, Single Track, Sequential, Queue.
* Playlist management.
* Media library grouping by: album, artist, composer, genre, year, rating, folder.
* Artist grouping by ‘Album Artist’ category.
* Tag editing: MP3, FLAC, OGG, APE, SPEEX, WAV, WV, M4A, MP4 (internal storage, SMB, SFTP).
* Folder mode.
* Clock mode.
* Timers: sleep, wake.
* Interface languages: Русский, 中文 (繁体), 中文 (简体), 한국어, 日本語, Việt, ไทย, Deutsch, Italiano, Indonesian, Malay, Nederlands, Français, English, Español, ελληνικά, Português, Magyar, Polski, العربية, Türk.
Please report bugs directly by e-mail or via forum: